Change of Mind
ALL RETURNS ARE CURRENTLY POSSIBLE THROUGH VISITING THE WINSTON HILLS BRANCH. CALL 02 8610 5838
Please choose carefully as refunds will not be provided where you have simply changed your mind or made a wrong selection after 14 days of purchase. We recommend you carefully check all items prior to purchase.
In accordance with Australian consumer law, if there is a minor repairable fault with a product, Home & Hutch team can choose to offer a repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund.
Replaced products must be of an identical nature to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you paid for the product
- In it’s original form/issuer of payment
- with original proof of purchase provided
The business may consider how much time has passed since you bought the product with the following factors in mind:
- Type of product
- How a consumer is likely to use the product
- The length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- The amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
All issues should be addressed with us within 7 days of receiving your goods. Proof of purchase will be required when requesting to return any item. In the case that a refund is offered, there is a 20% restocking fee.
Goods on which a return is not available
Due to hygienic and safety reasons, we will not accept the return of items from the following categories under any circumstances:
- Cosmetics (if the hygiene seal is broken)
- Beauty products
- Costumes & Morph Suits
- Food items
- Customised, custom-made, or personalised item or gift
- Items ordered in bulk.
- Discontinued items that you have purchased on sale or at discounted prices.
Furthermore refunds and exchanges will not be provided for seasonal products within 5 days of the events like
What is considered a major problem with a product?
A product has a major problem when:
- It has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- It is significantly different from the sample or description
- It doesn’t do what the product stated it would do, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- Got what you asked for but simply changed your mind or decided you do not like the purchase or had no use for it
- Mis-used a product in any way that caused the problem
- It doesn’t do what the product stated it would do, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed. Asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the manufacturer/Home and Hutch or were unclear about what you wanted
Home and Hutch reserves the right to:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair; exchange or refund being refused.